Sunday, June 10, 2018

A look at covert animated characters with an inside joke

Okay, so I'm sitting here or should I say laying here watching my favorite show The Simpsons and I take a look at Chief Wiggums, the police officer from Springfield. 

Then it hits me how bizarre he looks. He doesn't even look human compared to the rest of Springfield. Right before this I'd been watching the truffle episode of the show.

Which was quite interesting because it was like Bart and Lisa were having their own adventure going through the forests in search of truffles. But then Marges sister and Fat Tony had their entirely separate episode almost within the episode.

So regarding the truffles. 

A chef had a truffle sniffing pig. Strikingly similar to Spiderpig (Does whatever Spider Pig does LOL)

When my eyes went from the pig scene then to the Chief Wiggums scene I literally thought I was seeing double.

Now if you take a look at his son Ralph. You don't spot the same features. 

That pig like nose or should I say snout is missing. While everyone else in the show seems to have a nose shape similar to a finger tip he's the only one with a blatant pig nose. Lol


That's a clear indication that his job position plays a part in his appearance. I'm sure were all familiar with the term "Pig" being used to refer to police by now. A derogatory term.

No comments:

Post a Comment