Friday, February 16, 2018

ATTN: I'M A "CRAZY" CAT LADY AND I'M NOT WHAT YOU IMAGINE LOL

For as long as I can remember. I've been surrounded by animals. Specifically cats. The other day when I was going through some childhood photos in my album. There was a common theme. Almost every picture was of me at different ages, cat in hand. (I promise to upload photos soon) =)

First there was Misty.
Then Frisky.
Then Juju.
Then Cindy her sister.
Then Sweetie and her brother Vincy.
Then Sphinxy.
Then Lynx.

And a bunch of other cats I took under my wing while rooming.
Lite -n- Sweet a ginger kitty.
His father "Tyga"
"Cupcake" a visitor I renamed actual name "Precious" lol
Jinks my best friend's cat I named Sphinx after and her twin sister.
Then Aladdin & Jasmyne his "sister"

At our apartment my roommate's cats would line up at my door upon awaking every morning and beg to be embraced and cuddled.
They'd be waiting in line lol. It was so cute. Then when cats would come visit I swear they'd heard about me because then those cats would be waiting in line too. lol
I soon became very popular in the cat community.

But when people think of Cat Ladies they automatically insert the word Crazy.
They assume that Cat Ladies are almost always a reflection of the above image.

I went to work one day Crazy Cat Lady Mug in hand drinking some split pea soup. A coworker said Crazy Cat Lady hmm. you don't seem like one. How many cats DO You have? When I responded three. Her immediate response was "MMM MMM yo house must STANK" I immediately combatted that ignorant remark with laughter and reassured her that contrary to belief I was very cleanly.

Okay well sometimes I forget to clean the litter box. However, Sphinx doesn't have any issues with spraying in the house or going outside of his litter box. My baby's so behaved <3

The exact mug that sparked conversation LOL!
Whenever someone tries to drink out of it I go absolutely insane! lol. What if it breaks? You're not a Crazy Cat Lady I am! lol

Meet Eleanor The Crazy Cat Lady depicted in the Simpsons all these years. She can be seen using her cats as weapons launching them at people who anger her in a catapult or boomerang like manner. LOL!

And she says she loves them LOL! Poor Kitties


Her speech is untranslatable and she can be seen throughout town rambling to herself in a barbaric like manner.

LOL!
Contrary to belief. No I don't have hygiene issues. I am not homeless or a "vagrant" I'm a well groomed, overachieving honors college student. Quite attractive actually *insert arrogance here* lol

I do fit Crazy Cat Lady criteria in a way. Well at least I thought so. The non-stereotypical negative depiction of Cat Ladies that is. I own the term lol. Could doing so be unfair and damaging to fellow cat people? if so I'm sorry lol. I tried to take that approach where you embrace a term to try and challenge it. If that makes sense? loll! Well at least in my logic and reasoning it does.

For instance when you visit my FB page in the featured photos you'll immediately meet my precious Sphinxy.  You'll be left wondering well who's page is this hers or his? lol
Isn't he sexy? LOL You'd better say YES! lol >:)
Sphinx is the King of my castle lol. 
Here he is on "his" bed
Even when I have company laying in bed he'll lay with us.

Now enough about me & more about the star of the show! lol

Sphinx as mentioned above was named after I was trying to find something that rhymed with my best friend's cat's name. Her being Jinx I went with Sphinx. But it wasn't only that reason alone that prompted me to name him that. To reflect his royal status I named him after the Great Sphinx of Giza in Egypt. A perfect fit I thought as his body is modeled after another great Cat The Lion. 

Sphinx was actually acquired by complete accident. One hot summer night I came into my old building and discovered some glowing eyes behind a slab of sheetrock. I thought he was a she and when my roommates returned upstairs without me. I reassured him that I would be back and not to go with anyone else except me. I ran downstairs thrilled and he jumped right into my American Tourister bag. 

And thus an unbreakable bond was born. I brought him to the ASPCA mobile van and it was revealed that "Sapphire" actually was a male & that the operation couldn't be performed because he had a tattoo at the incision site marking him as already having it done. So I took off his pink collar with the gem and had quite the laugh. Meow! Meow! he yelled. I imagined he was saying "I tried to tell you I was a male!" lol

So what exactly is it about Cats that you love so much? Answer: Everything! Their fur, warmth, purr, funny late night "Cat Crazies",  Meow etc.
The famous dreaded Cat Crazies

LOL!
I take my Kitty outside to go grocery shopping, check the mail, retrieve deliveries but it's mainly limited to that because he has anxiety when leaving the comfort of our home. But still I reassure him every step of the way that the fresh air may be good for him. It's interesting because he enjoys gazing out of the window and trying to "escape" but he doesn't like actually going outdoors. 

He sleeps on the bed with me right by my side. Ever since I was a little girl I would have "conversations" just between my cats and I in what I refer to as "meow language" I was so thrilled and surprised to have my precious Frisky respond to me with Meows. I grew so good at mimicing Meows that I'm able to do a female cat in heat that attracts many cats. LOL. Talk about crazy. 

So there'd we be me and Frisky she was a fluffy plump Maine Coon under the covers whispering in eachother's ears. Meow! Meow! Meow Meow? Meow. Lol we had such a beautiful bond. She was famous for eating Boar's Head Ham and would come bursting into the kitchen at the sound of the plastic bag it contained crinkling. Meow! 
Unfortunately one day she went missing never to be found. :(

At my old neighborhood I had an unbelieveable bond with the neighborhood cats. There lived a cat lady who owned the laundromat down the block. Her cats could always be seen at the location scurrying and lounging about. She fed dozens of cats on a daily basis and fostered some inside as well.

There was Fatty and Cow named after their plump sizes. Cow after her black and white large spots. Oreo named after his black and white fur. (RIP ='()And many others, those three being my absolute favorite. Most memorable cats as they would follow me as far as the train station. Walk me to my doorstep and guard it until I entered. Even going as far as jumping on my shoulders and hugging me.
I loved them so much and was so devastated to have moved. Even so I'm sure I'm still holding the title of neighborhood Cat Lady. As I constantly speak to and chase kitty cats as well as squirrels lol. The squirrels over here love me so much that they come directly up to me so close I can touch them.

VOILA! Now the term Crazy Cat Lady is used as a term of endearment for some. LOL
Take that! If by loving cats I'm looked upon as Crazy then so be it. I stir up controversy when I openly admit to appreciating the lives of cats and animals over humans.

My friend grew angry. I told her that cats will never betray or abandon you. They're simply there as companions, support and even a mood enhancer. I credit my cat with saving my life various times. As there's been times when humans have deserted me and betrayed me in some of the worst ways possible yet I still had my cats by my side. Cats don't involve gossip or drama. They're just them, and if you can't accept cats which are a huge part of my life then you can exit my life.

STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER BLOG POST WHERE I COME TO POOR ELEANOR'S DEFENSE & VISIT HOW HER PERSONA WAS BORN & HOW SHE'S TRIED TO OVERCOME HER MENTAL ILLNESS


-Thank You AGC

No comments:

Post a Comment