Sunday, January 8, 2017

Start anew for 2017 Reflections from 2016

It's December 31st the last day of the year & all I can help but do is wish that next year is way better than 2016. I mean when I reevaluated the situation (2016) I felt better about it. At first I hated 2016. If it were a person I would surely attack it, spit in its face. Have it feel my wrath, my pain. Get revenge on it for harassing me, betraying me, disappointing me. I hated its guts as well as many people in its guts. I was so full of anger, hatred, resentment. I hated myself.

 I hated my so called friends for deserting me. Forcing me to leave them behind for my own good. You see one of the things that 2016 taught me is to get comfortable with myself. Help myself, love myself, look out for ME. it's like in the midst of helping everyone else I had essentially forgotten to help myself. I forgotten and abandoned my views, interests, my voice. I had gotten lost beneath everyone else's needs and desires. Which isn't good AT ALL. 

One must never forget about oneself. I was so busy trying to be on good terms with my "friends" that i let myself go almost completely. But that's going to change. No wait it has been changing, cause you see ever since I moved I've been on a mission to find myself again. I used to love myself so much. I was my own best friend. 


Now I have to build that relationship back up. No more self neglect. It's about me now. I really feel like I was being oppressed, suffocated by all the drama and negativity from those in my life at the time. I'm breaking through those layers now. I'm shedding my exoskeleton and starting anew. Here's to another chance at life for me, you and everyone else. I had wrongfully given up on myself to please others. I was enslaved. But never no more. Not this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment